Parking Unit is responsible to handle and manage parking in Ipoh City Council area.
- Provide comfort and ease to the public in parking;
- Control parking to ensure it is organised and does not affect traffic.
COLLECTION SYSTEM USED
Ipoh City Council started using the Coupon Parking System since 1 September 2006.
HOW TO GET COUPON
- Parking coupon can be obtained from authorised agents appointed by Ipoh City Council in all Ipoh City Council areas;
- Each agent will be provided with a signage for identification.
Scratch 5 parts that indicate year, month, day, hour and minute of the starting parking time, and display it on the dashboard;
- If more than one coupon is displayed at the same time, the timing for the second coupon will start once the first coupon expires;
- Wrongly scratched coupon is deemed invalid and may be compounded.
- Does not display the parking coupon issued by the Council when parking at a coupon parking space;
- Displaying expired / invalid parking coupon;
- Displaying the coupon in the vehicle where it could not be clearly viewed by the Enforcement Assistant (Parking);
- Displaying the coupon without proper marking;
- Parking the vehicle outside the parking space in the parking area;
- Obstructing parking space;
- Parking without regard to the traffic instruction;
- Carrying out a business at the parking space;
- Obstructing fire hydrant;
- Parking at a footpath / pathway;
- Parking at a space not intended for the vehicle type.
Convicted offences can be fined up to RM300 and any costs owing, and must be paid as provided under Section 57, Road Transportation Order (Car Parking Provision) (Ipoh City Council) 2005.
Please contact us at :
Unit Letak Kereta, Majlis Bandaraya Ipoh, Jalan Bandar, 30000 Ipoh.
Tel : 05 - 255 4600 www.mbi.gov.my