MENU

CHURCH OF THE ST. JOHN THE DEVINE

  • The church & manse, which doubled as a school during the week in the early days
  • Was built in the year 1896
  • Are the oldest Methodist buildings on the peninsula
  • The current school, which is adjacent, is called the Anglo Chinese School (ACS)

ST ANDREWS Presbyterian

  • This beautiful little stone church, which looks as if it was transplanted from the Highlands of Scotland
  • Was built in 1929
  • It was built by expatriate Scots for expatriate Scots
  • It was the last in the chain of expatriate Presbyterian churches to be established in Malaysia.

CHURCH OF ST JOHN THE DIVINE

  • Consecrated in 1912 this is the largest church was being built
  • During the Japanese, the church was converted into a noodle factory for a short period of time
  • Located on Jalan St John