SULTAN IDRIS SHAH STATE MOSQUE
- • The largest & most recognized mosque in the State, is an outstanding symbol of pride to the people of Ipoh.
- It’s most obvious and beautiful feature is the 125 foot minaret that rises above the mosaic domes.
- The mosque was named after Sultan Idris Shah II (1963-1984) in September 1978 in conjunction which his 54th birthday.
- The Mosque is sited in a large square near the Birch memorial Clock Tower.
- The foundation stone of the mosque was laid by the then Deputy Prime Minister, Tun Haji Abdul Razak.
INDIA MUSLIM MOSQUE
- • Old mosque of the Hanafi sect located along Clayton Road
- Sheikh Adam, a member of the Tamil Indian community of Southern India in 1908
- Known as the town Padang Mosque
- Was constructed by workmen From India, cost about $500,000
- The distinctive arches are of Chitya Indian or Moghul style
- Similar in design to the Diwan- i- Khas of the Red Fort in Delhi
MASJID MUHIBBUDIN SHAH
- On Wilayah Greentown
- Near the hospital
- Has these striking blue domes
- Can afford about 500 people in one time